lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ReleaseTodo steps
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:30:50 GMT
Thanks! I assumed you dropped the second part entirely, because the
Maven artifact md5's only appear to have the hash. Your link to the dist
with the non Maven md5's clears that up though. I guess the mirrors just
don't have the md5 files.

bq. All of the old releases used to be there, but they were removed.

Cool - I'll look into updating those links.

Thanks a lot,

Mark

Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you done this before Yonik?
>>
>> md5sum generates a hash line like this:
>> a21f40c4f4fb1c54903e761caf43e1d7 *lucene-2.9.0.tar.gz
>>

> Remove the '*' character?
>

>> 1. Lucene 2.4.1 doesn't seem to have these md5 hashes for the non maven
>> artifacts.
>>

> They are there.... just not replicated or shown in mirrors?
> http://www.apache.org/dist/lucene/java/
>

>> 2. If you goto the main Lucene site and try one of the download links
>> for the pre 2.4.1 releases - they all take you to 2.4.1 artifacts.
>>

> All of the old releases used to be there, but they were removed.  We
> are supposed to use the archives for older versions:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

- Mark