lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron McKee <ucbmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Spatial
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:37:42 GMT
Hello,

I'm in the process of implementing a project using Lucene Spatial and I
had a couple (hopefully quick) questions:

1) Is anyone currently working on adding arbitrary geo shape handling,
or has done so in code that is not part of the contrib? I need to
implement functionality to support filtering by bounding boxes (passed
in directly to the DistanceQueryBuilder) and arbitrary closed polygons
(for neighbourhood overlays), for example.

2) To what extent is Spatial under active development? I noticed that
there is at least one big patch outstanding (LUCENE-1732,
multithreading). If I were to begin development on a few things (such as
the above, if it hasn't already been done/slated), would I just fall
hopelessly out-of-sync in short order?

Thank you for your time and insight!

Best Regards,
Aaron McKee