The "original" and "helper" aren't that descriptive to users.

It's named "helper" because it extends QueryParserHelper, that's the only reason. I think it's ok to rename "original" to something else. . I also share Mike's opinion, I prefer "default" over "original".

Mike - isn't "fast forwarding 3 years" means that the current QP will be removed, together w/ the OriginalQPHelper and we'll have just one QP?

OriginalQPHelper is not intended to be removed, it should be the new simple way to use the query parser. So, I agree with Mike, now is the best time to name it, while it's not released yet.