lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Porting Java Lucene 2.9 to Lucene.Net (was: RE: Lucene 2.9 RC2 now available for testing)
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 05:00:10 GMT

: My question is, I would prefer to track SVN commits to keep track of
: changes, vs. what I'm doing now.  This will allow us to stay weeks
: behind a Java release vs. months or years as it is now.  However, while
: I'm subscribed to SVN's commits mailing list, I'm not getting all those
: commits!  For example, a commit made this past Friday, I never got an
: email for, while other commits I do.  Any idea what maybe going on?

i suggest you track things based on a combination of svn base url (ie:
trunk vs a branch) and the specific svn revision number at the moment of
your latest checkout -- that way you don't even need to subscribe to the
commit list, just do an "svn diff -r" whenever you have some time to work
on it and see what's been committed since the last time you worked on it.

Hell: you could probably script all of this and have hudson do it for
you.

-Hoss