lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene website - benchmarks page
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:50:55 GMT

pulling a crap doc fro mteh release seems sound to me.

alternately: couldn't we just replace it with the output from the
contrib/benchmarker on some of the bigger tests (the full wikipedia ones)
comparing 2.4 with 2.9 ?

then just make it a pre-release TODO item for the future: update that page
to reflect the benchmarks of the current release.

: I would suggest we move it to the wiki (I think we can simply remove
: the 1.2 and 1.3 benchmarks) and try to get a more recent benchmark
: soon. In other words a benchmark page on the wiki could be maintained
: by all users and commiters and would encurage people to publish their
: results as the hurdle is not as high as it is if you wanna get
: something on the official website.
: I'm happy to add the page and encurage people on the user list to add
: their benchmarks and performance experiences.

-Hoss