lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Back-Compat on Contribs
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:04:53 GMT

: releases > 2.9. Robert raised a question if we should mark smartcn as
: experimental so that we can change interfaces and public methods etc.
: during the refactoring. Would that make sense for 2.9 or is there no
: such thing as a back compat policy for modules like that.
Contrib Packages

"All contribs are not created equal."

The compatibility commitments of a contrib package can vary based on it's
maturity and intended usage. The README.txt file for each contrib should
identify it's approach to compatibility. If the README.txt file for a
contrib package does not address it's backwards compatibility commitments
users should assume it does not make any compatibility commitments.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message