lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Cleaning up Javadoc warnings in contribs
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 00:34:07 GMT

As a general rule: if the javadoc command generates a warning, it's a
pretty good indication that the resulting javadocs aren't going to look
the way you expect. (there may be lots of places where the javadocs look
wrong and no warning is logged -- but the reverse is almost never true)

The other day, I went through all of the warnings produced by "ant
javadocs-core" and fixed the offending javadoc comments.  It would be
great if each of the various defacto "contrib maintainers" (you know who
you are) could take a look at the warnings produced by each of the
contribs.

They're pretty easy to spot if you grep the raw console output from the
nightly builds for "[javadoc]" and "warning" ...

hossman@coaster:~$ curl -s http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/922/consoleText
| grep "[javadoc]" | grep "warning" | perl -nle 'print $1 if m{contrib/([^/]*)/}' | sort |
uniq -c
      96 analyzers
      32 benchmark
      52 collation