lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Sorting cleanup and FieldCacheImpl.Entry confusion
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:57:20 GMT
: I don't know why Entry has "int type" and "String locale", either.  I
: agree it'd be cleaner for FieldSortedHitQueue to store these on its
: own, privately.
: Note that FieldSortedHitQueue is deprecated in favor of
: FieldValueHitQueue, and that FieldValueHitQueue doesn't cache
: comparators anymore.

yeah ... but i'm hesitent to try and refactor that code at this point,
especitally if FieldSortedHitQueue is going to be removed in 3.0.

I'm thinking that for the time being, it's probably simpler to just
comment those properties as being removable once FieldSortedHitQueue is
removed, and leave them out of the CacheEntry (debugging/sanity) API,
since there's no code path that will cause them to be set in

is that cool with people?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message