lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Kaelbling <dkaelbl...@blackducksoftware.com>
Subject CachingTokenFilter extensibility and LUCENE-1685
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:39:31 GMT
Hi,

Looking at Lucene 2.9 trunk, CachingTokenFilter seems much less extensible than before.  In
previous releases I subclassed it so I could back the cache with an array and provide random
access to the stream.  I can't see how to do this any more, and the WeightedSpanTermExtractor.getReaderForField()
is still hardwired to require a CachingTokenFilter-derived object.

Am I missing something?  Having two copies of the token stream, one for random access and
one hidden inside the CachingTokenFilter, does not sound efficient :-)

  Thanks,
  David

--
David Kaelbling