lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <>
Subject Re: SpanQuery and Spans optimizations
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2009 00:06:19 GMT

On Aug 6, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2009, at 5:06 PM, Shai Erera wrote:
>> Only w/ ScoreDocs we reuse the same instance. So I guess we'd like
>> to do the same here.
>> Seems like providing a TopSpansCollector is what you want, only
>> unlike TopFieldCollector which populates the fields post search,
>> you'd like to do it during search.
> Bingo, but I think the collection functionality needs to be on
> Collector, as I'd hate to have to lose out on functionality that the
> other impls have to offer, or have to recreate them.

Hmm, maybe I can get at this info from the setScorer capabilities.
Then I would just need a place to hang the data...  Maybe would just
take having the SpanScorer implementation provide just a wee bit more
access to structures...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message