lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene website - benchmarks page
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:10:14 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : Prob want to run it on decent hardware as well (eg mabye I shouldn't do
> : it with my 5200 rpm laptop drives).
>
> as long as both are run on the same hardware, and the page lists the
> hardware, it's the relative numbers that matter the most.
>

> -Hoss

Agreed to a degree - people like and read off raw numbers though. I like
to show Lucene in the best light possible (or least avg light - trust me
- these drives are so poky - basically I was just trying to get someone
else with normal hardware to do it).

And in the guessing my butt off space - perhaps 2.9 takes advantage of
faster hardware better than 2.4 did.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com