lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 2.9 trunk freeze
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:49:39 GMT
We are freezing trunk rather than a branch for this release.

I hereby proclaim the freeze starts today (unless objections are raised)
- and shortly I will update the versions and build an RC to host for
java-user.

The releasetodo tells me to remind you of the dos and don'ts:

    *

      No new features may be committed to trunk.

    *

      Documentation patches, build patches and serious bug fixes may be
      committed to trunk. However, you should submit *all* patches you
      want to commit to Jira first to give others the chance to review
      and possibly vote against the patch. Keep in mind that it is our
      main intention to keep trunk as stable as possible. (Personally, I
      wouldn't be such a stickler about documentation only patches -
      just patches that change code/scripts - do what makes sense I think)

    *

      Trunk is feature frozen for a week - other dev will have to be in
      JIRA during that time.

    *

      *Only* Jira issues with Fix version "X.Y" and priority "Blocker"
      will delay a release candidate build.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com