lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gentle Prod: LUCENE-1626 (flexible getPositionIncrementGap)
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 00:46:30 GMT
Sorry - not taking the time to properly think.

I got stuck on overriding - was thinking a lot on it on an earlier issue.

Scratch that.

{quote}Not sure how making it protected breaks backcompat. If people are
calling it directly (in their own inverter? Not sure if that would ever
happen) they'd be getting the wrong result after the change, because the
(String, int) version actually becomes the correct public API to find
the gap.{quote}

Thats a break in back compat - but I guess your saying even if its
public its a break.

Thats a tough one to push through in my mind then. Though the rarity of
it affecting anyone might lure someone else to take it on.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com