lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Luis Alves <lafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The new Contrib QueryParser should not be slated to replace the old one yet
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:30:30 GMT
I like the idea of having syntax extensions,
and proposed something similar for "ComplexPhraseQueryParser" JIRA issue.

But we should create a new jira issue for this using the new queryparser,
this is a new feature an is not backward compatible with the current
lucene syntax.

For the syntax I would like to propose something similar to calling
functions
::complexPhrase('other syntax')

but I also like
complePhrase:'other syntax'

and in case the user configure just one extension he could use just
::('other syntax')
or
'other syntax'

--