lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 5 creeped again to Benchmark?
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:14:04 GMT
Thats fair -

My inclination for anything in Contrib off the top is to keep it at 1.4
if its already at 1.4 - especially concerning language constructs and
what not.

However, this task is already in, it's nice to have, and thats enough to
sway me here.

The point that really gets me is that Benchmark is in contrib, and works
with other contrib modules - if other contrib modules can be 1.5, it
makes sense that they should work with Benchmark in my opinion.

If this was "some java 1.5 generics" or what not snuck in - I would say
remove it and make it 1.4. But remove a task that adds value and lets
you compare Highlighter approaches? I'd vote to keep it.

- Mark