lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 5 creeped again to Benchmark?
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:02:00 GMT
I'd almost just say Benchmark is 1.5 now. We try to keep contrib things
that are 1.4 at 1.4, but why bend over backwards here to pull that task
out? Technically there is no back compat promise here.

The number of people relying on 1.4 for Benchmark has got to be ...

Michael McCandless wrote:
> Sigh.  I guess we have to pull that task for 2.9.
>
> I'll reopen the original issue (LUCENE-1773), note this, and mark it
> as fix for 3.0.
>
> Mike
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Shai Erera<serera@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Me too ... and you were suggesting to hold off w/ 3.0 and having 2.5 and
>> then 2.9 ... :).
>>
>> What do you think I should do w/ that task in the meantime?
>>
>> Shai
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I _so_ can't wait to have this one off of our back for a while.  Of
>>> course, then we'll have 1.6 creep...  ;-)

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com