lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: who clears attributes?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:06:14 GMT
I think we should change the backwards-compatibility policy as proposed
in LUCENE-1698 and remove some deprecated things (inlcuding the old
TokenStream API, maybe query parser) in 3.1, not 3.0.
I don't think we should have a 2.5 release - this clearly shows the
disadvantages of our current bw-policy.

  Michael