lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: who clears attributes?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:00:30 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2009, at 2:00 PM, Earwin Burrfoot wrote:
>
>  2.9 was _SUPPOSED_ to be a deprecation release,
Whats a deprecation release? We deprecate stuff in every release ...
does it make sense to do a release just to deprecate anything we might
not have yet? And if you add deprecations, wouldn't you add features to
move to?

I'm not a fan of 3.0 just being 2.9 with deprecations removed either.
Why not add new features as well? Sure, we should be *way* more careful
about breaking back compat there, but who cares if a few features are
introduced? Doing a release is a lot of project steam - why waste it ?

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com