lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: contrib CHANGES and contrib/benchmark CHANGES
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 23:34:00 GMT
Robert Muir wrote:
> curious how people feel about folding the contrib/benchmark CHANGES
> into the contrib CHANGES?

+1. At the least, lets not follow that model anymore, unless we decide
each contrib should get its own Change file. As a user, I want things to
be nice and easy - check core Changes and check contrib Changes is nice
and easy. Check core Changes and check contrib changes for each Contrib
I am using is less useful at this point (not tons of dev in contrib) but
still fairly easy - the current path is more: check core Changes, then
check contrib Changes, then check to see if the contrib has its own
Changes to see if you just missed something from Contrib changes ...

It was even heading towards some contrib Changes making core Changes for
more visibility - I'm against that one too, and I've moved those entries
to contrib Changes.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com