lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Attributes, DocConsumer, Flexible Indexing, etc.
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:21:19 GMT
I've been trying out the new Attribute stuff and still am a bit
stumped as to where all of this stuff gets us.  I can create
Attributes and AttributeSources to my heart's content, but don't see
an obvious path towards actually getting them in the index.  I gather
it has something to do with DocConsumer, IndexingChain, etc. but the
APIs and javadocs are less than forthcoming.  AFAICT, the only way to
set the IndexingChain is through a package protected constructor.  I'm
happy to document, but it is non-obvious to me at the moment.

Is there a path forward with all of this stuff?  I'd like to create an
AttributeTermQuery so that we can actually use all of this stuff for
something more than a exercise in programming, but I want to make sure
it is in line with where all of this is going.

Thanks,
Grant