lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: indexing_slowdown_with_latest_lucene_udpate
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:02:17 GMT
The question is, if that would get better if the reflection calls are only
done one time per class using a IdentityHashMap<Class,Boolean>. The other
reflection code in AttributeSource uses a static cache for such type of
things (e.g. the Attribute -> AttributeImpl mappings in AttributeSource.
DefaultAttributeFactory.getClassForInterface()).

I could do some tests about that and supply a patch. I was thinking about
that but throwed it away (as it needs some synchronization on the cache Map
which may also overweigh).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen