lucene-dev mailing list archives

From utuncdemir <cam...@gmail.com>
Subject ParseException
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:51:12 GMT

Hello

When search term has word 'OR', Lucene throws an ParseException but here the
term 'OR' is not searched for to be interpreted by condition in query
intentionally.The needs is simple to get the lucene document which has text
for example ' Holland OR Germany '.in other words when i search for 'Holland
OR Germany' for example, i dont want the lucene documents which contains
either text 'Holland' or 'Germany'.I want simply the document which has
exactly containing the text ' Holland OR Germany '.I want the 'OR' term
interpreted as usual string not search operator in Lucene.

When i try same with Luke, also i am having same problem there.

How can i avoid this and make Lucene interpret search operators in its own
implementation as simple text ?

Thank you in advance.