lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BoostingNearQuery
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:21:50 GMT

On Aug 20, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> And what is the purpose of the marker interface PayloadQuery?
>
> Is there a use case for this?

At the time I was adding it, I was thinking about adding a Payload
query that took in other Payload queries, i.e. something like:
CoolNewQuery(PayloadQuery [] clauses), but then I found a different
way to do it.

Still, it seems like there should be a way of, in certain cases,
distinguishing Payload queries from SpanQueries, and there currently
isn't.

I'm fine with removing it until I have a more concrete reason for it.