lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Throttling merges
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:12:14 GMT
The goal is to be like "ionice" right?  Meaning, lower the priority of
IO caused by merging?  I agree that makes sense.

I wonder if we could implement it in the Directory level, so that when
openInput/createOutput is called we can optionally specify the
"context" (reader, merging, writer, etc.), and then somehow add
throttling in there.

Mike