lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: test-tag does not really test against 2.4, it tests against a branch from trunk on 2008-11-29
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 10:05:02 GMT
I was trying to do this (fresh 2.4 branch checkout, then svn merge changes
for revision xxx to xxx for the current test-branch folder). Even with
TortoiseSVN and its GUI tools helping through merging, it is almost
impossible. You have to check each file and resolve all conflicts (e.g.
removing changes related to the new TokenStream API and so on).

I am still trying, but it seems not so easy as expected.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael McCandless [mailto:lucene@mikemccandless.com]
> Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 11:59 AM
> To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: test-tag does not really test against 2.4, it tests against a
> branch from trunk on 2008-11-29
> 
> I agree, I should have branched off of 2.4.x when I created the
> back-compat branch (I'm not sure why I didn't!).
> 
> We could either fully fix this now (what you propose), or live with it
> (just fix the cases we come across) and starting in 3.x re-branch
> correctly (off of the 3.0 release)?
> 
> Mike
> 
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Uwe Schindler<uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> > When doing LUCENE-1723, I restored the old state of RangeQuery & Co from
> > Lucene 2.4.1 and added all new things from 2.9 to the new renamed
> > TermRangeQuery & Co classes. Suddenly all tests in test-tag, that should
> > easily pass the RangeQuery tests, failed.
> >
> > The source of the problem: the 2.4 backwards branch was not branched
> from
> > 2.4, instead it was branched from trunk on 2008-11-29. So it includes
> some
> > new things like the new Tokenizer API and also MultiTermQuery changes
> > (because this was already committed when the branch was created).
> >
> > I was able to fix this by copying the old 2.4 tests for RangeQueries,
> but
> > the whole testsuite is not correct because of this.
> >
> > I could start to fix this by creating a patch with all changes in the
> > backwards-tests since the branch was started on 2008-11-29 (Revision:
> > 721664, Author: mikemccand), delete the whole branch, branch new from
> 2.4.1
> > branch (and not trunk) and merge the test-branch changes from the
> created
> > patch again.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > -----
> > Uwe Schindler
> > H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> > http://www.thetaphi.de
> > eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: java-dev-help@lucene.apache.org
> >
> >
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-dev-help@lucene.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message