lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Fwd: Basic Queries are not pluggable
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:43:12 GMT
I accidentally send this to Yonik directly -- forwarding to mail list.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Yonik Seeley<yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> Can something like AspectJ change the type of instantiated classes?
That is actually possible. An "around" advice and do that in a very
flexible way and I have thought of that before. Personally I would
prefer not to change the distributed jar file but rather plugging
something in from the outside. This might be a personal thing but I
can imagine that many users do not want to modify the binary
distribution using a aspectJ or whatever implementation compiler to
modify the bytecode.

simon