lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Tests fail to compile on JDK 1.4?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:37:16 GMT

: We had some discussions about it, the easiest is, to set the bootclasspath
: in the <javac/> task to an older rt.jar during compilation. Because this
: needs updates for e.g. Hudson (rt.jar missing) we said, that the one, who
: releases the final version should simply check this before on the
: compilation computer in the release process.

there are ways to automate this sanity check in ant, i took a stab at
this a while back...

...but i never moved forward with it becuase most people didn't seemed
that concerned.

-Hoss