lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Token API was Re: Payloads and TrieRangeQuery
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:51:24 GMT

On Jun 15, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I don't think anything was "held back" in this effort. Grant, are you
> referring to LUCENE-1458?  That's "held back" simply because the only
> person working on it (me) got distracted by other things to work on.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply Michael B. was holding back on the
work.  The patch has always felt half done to me because what's the
point of having all of these attributes in the index if you don't have
anyway of searching them, thus I was struck by the need to get it in
prior to making it available in search.    I realize it's complex, but
here we are forcing people to upgrade for some future, long term goal.