lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Payloads and TrieRangeQuery
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:48:48 GMT
> I think we'd need richer communication between MTQ and its subclasses,
> so that eg your enum would return a Query instead of a Term?
>
> Then you'd either return a TermQuery, or, a BooleanQuery that's
> filtering the TermQuery?
>
> But yes, doing after 3.0 seems good!

There is one other thing that needs to wait for 3.x: If you then want to
sort against such a field or use the trie values for function queries in a
field cache, we can have a really fast numeric UninverterValueSource,
because less terms, each with many documents. The value to store in the
cache is only (prefixCodedToLong(term) << positionBits | termPosition) -
cool. Would be really fast!

(But for that we need the new field cache stuff).

...now going to sleep with many ideas buzzing around.
Uwe