lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: Shouldn't IndexWriter.commit(Map) accept Properties instead?
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 12:03:50 GMT
The javadocs state clearly it must be Map<String,String>.  Plus, the
type checking is in fact enforced (you hit an exception if you violate
it), dynamically (like Python).

And then I was thinking with 1.5 (3.0 -- huh, neat how it's exactly
2X) we'd statically type it (change Map to Map<String,String>).

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Shai Erera<> wrote:
> It really assumes a String, String map ... Is it just because Properties is
> synced?
> If so, then when moving to 1.5 we should declare the Map with Map<String,
> String> because currently if anyone will pass anything other than Strings,
> the code will fail with a ClassCastException in
> ChecksumIndexOutput.writeStringStringMap.
> Shai

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message