lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3MB lucene-analyzers.jar?
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:42:05 GMT

On Jun 21, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> One addition: The problem with packaging 2 jars of one contrib is
> also, that
> all JAR files of Lucene are also generated as Maven artifacts. To
> generate
> the correct Metadata and so on, there is more to be done than just
> changing
> the build.xml.
>
> If we want this separate, the simpliest is to put in an own contrib
> module,
> e.g. contrib-analyzers-cn

I think this is the best solution -- should be easy to implement
also.  This way it could be easily included or not.

This is only really an issue in environments where we need to worry
about install footprint -- I was just surprised to see my installer
grow by 3MB -- since i'm not using the chinese analyzers, that should
be avoidable.  Of course I could edit the jar myself, but it would be
nice to make the artifacts maven friendly.

ryan