lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ReadOnly IndexReaders
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 08:54:57 GMT
You could call reader.hasDeletions to decide whether you should call
isdeleted()? But you cannot use that alone, since if a library receives an
IndexReader, it cannot rely solely on hasDeletions, since at an upper level
someone might decide to delete a document w/ that reader, and therefore it
needs to couple hasDeletions with isReadOnly. I think?

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherglen@gmail.com