lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Murat Yakici" <>
Subject Term collection frequency
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:55:15 GMT

As far as I know, there is no public API to get a term's collection
frequency in Lucene, apart from writing routines with TFV or TermEnum.
Does Lucene store the number of times a term occur in the index? If yes,
can someone direct me to the low-level api where I can get such
information through some extension? If that is not possible, this would
require a change in the index format I imagine? Which classes I should be
dealing with and things I should be careful in implementing such a change?

Murat Yakici
Department of Computer & Information Sciences
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow, UK
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC015263.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message