lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: back compat policy changes?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 04:22:54 GMT
Hey Hoss,

Almost everyone agreed to the backwards-compatibility changes I posted
here: JIRA-1698. (It turned out that Shai had proposed an almost
identical proposal in one of the long threads that I admittedly didn't
fully read either).

I suggested to send a note to java-user to get some feedback from the
users. Then we should have an official vote on java-dev to decide
formally if we want to change the policy according to the proposal.

I haven't sent the mail to java-user yet. But it's on my (long) list of
things to do....

  Michael