lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9 Again
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:13:10 GMT
Michael Busch wrote:

> Everyone who is unhappy with the release TODO's, go back in your mail
> archive to the 2.2 release and check how many tedious little changes
> we made to improve the release quality. And besides the maven stuff,
> there is not really more to do compared to pre-2.2, it's just
> documented in a more verbose (=RM-friendly) way.
I didn't mean to imply anything untowards :) I'm grateful for the work
you guys have put into making it all more friendly. I know I have seen
many of Mike M's wiki updates on this page too, and I've always been
sure its for the better.

Even still, when I look at the process, I remember why I clung to
Windows for so long :) Now I'm happily on Ubuntu and can still usually
avoid such "fun" work :)

I'll happily soldier on though. I just wish it was all in Java :)

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com