lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9 Again
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:32:17 GMT
Michael Busch wrote:
> We should just not put more items in the 2.9 list anymore (except bug
> fixes of course) and then fix the 30 issues and don't rush them too
> much. If it takes until end of July I think that's acceptable. A good
> quality of the release should be highest priority in my opinion.
>
>  Michael
I agree. Our approach so far has not been to rush the issues that are
outstanding, but to pressure a move to 3.1 if you don't think you can
finish it reasonably soon. I'd expect the committers to stick with their
normal standards for committing code, and I plan too as well. On the
other hand, its also probably not a great idea for a bunch of huge
changes to hit trunk right before release with no time to go though dev
use. So I still think that, unless its an important issue for 2.9
speficially, if you can't finish it by fairly early julyish - you should
push to 3.1.

- Mark