lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for changing the backwards-compatibility policy
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:24:36 GMT
On 6/16/09 9:41 AM, DM Smith wrote:

> Perhaps you should go back and see why the thread died.

OK I will read it.

I think we should do the following:
I'll send the mentioned mail to the user list and wait for feedback.
After a decent amount of time for feedback I will call a vote on
java-dev where committers and/or PMC members will vote for or against
the proposal. I'll include the links to the old thread, this thread and
the thread on java-user. The committers/PMC members will then make a
decision based on what they think is in the best interest of Lucene and
its users.

Given that we should probably not discuss the same issues again here
that were already in the old thread and can be found in the archives. Of
course feel free to bring up new concerns here that weren't covered in
the old thread yet.

  Michael