lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <>
Subject Re: New Token API was Re: Payloads and TrieRangeQuery
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:53:06 GMT
Robert Muir wrote:
> Mark, I created an issue for this.
Thanks Robert, great idea.
> I just think you know, converting an analyzer to the new api is really
> not that bad.
I don't either. I'm really just complaining about the initial
readability. Once you know whats up, its not too much different. I just
have found myself
having to refigure out whats up (a short task to be sure) over again
after I leave it for a while. With the old one, everything was just kind
of immediately self evident.

That makes me think new users might be a little more confused when they
first meet again. I'm not a new user though, so its only a guess really.
> reverse engineering what one of them does is not necessarily obvious,
> and is completely unrelated but necessary if they are to be migrated.
> I'd be willing to assist with some of this but I don't want to really
> work the issue if its gonna be a waste of time at the end of the
> day...
The chances of this issue being fully reverted are so remote that I
really wouldnt let that stop you ...