lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene's default settings & back compatibility
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:32:59 GMT
No one really responded to this Shai? And I take it that the user list
never saw it?

Perhaps we should just ask for opinion from the user list based on what
you already have - just to gauge the reaction on different points.
Unless someone responds shortly, we could take a year waiting to shake
it out.
The threat of sending should prompt anyone with any issues to speak up.

I think we should add though:
explicitly what has changed (eg if we switch something, what was the
policy before - most users won't even know)
an overview of why we are interested in relaxing back compat

- Mark

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com