lucene-dev mailing list archives

From mitu2009 <musicfrea...@gmail.com>
Subject How to know when Lucene Index generation process is completed
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:13:29 GMT

Hi,

I've a batch job which generates Lucene search indexes every night. I first
get all the records from the database and add it to Lucene index using
IndexWriter's AddDocument method and then call Optimize method before
returning from the method. Since the records fetched are faily large,
indexing takes around 2-3 minutes to complete. As you already know,Lucene
generates intermediate segment files while it is generating the index and it
compresses the whole index into 3 files when Optimize is called.

Is there anyway I can know that this index generation process is finished by
Lucene and index is avaialable for search? I need to know this because I
want to call another method when process is completed.