lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shai Erera (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Created: (LUCENE-1714) WriteLineDocTask incorrectly normalizes fields
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:04:07 GMT
WriteLineDocTask incorrectly normalizes fields

                 Key: LUCENE-1714
             Project: Lucene - Java
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: contrib/benchmark
            Reporter: Shai Erera
             Fix For: 2.9

WriteLineDocTask normalizes the body, title and date fields by replacing any "\t" with a space.
However, if any one of them contains newlines, LineDocMaker will fail, since the first line
read will include some of the text, however the second line, which it now expects to be a
new document, will include other parts of the text.

I don't know how we didn't hit it so far. Maybe the wikipedia text doesn't have such lines,
however when I ran over the TREC collection I hit a lot of those.

I will attach a patch shortly.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message