lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject Re: Lucene's default settings & back compatibility
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 17:31:04 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Michael McCandless
<> wrote:
> (That said, unrelated to this discussion, I would actually like to
> record per-segment which version of Lucene wrote the segment; this
> would be very helpful when debugging issues like LUCENE-1474 where I
> need to know if the segments were written by 2.4.0 or 2.4.1).

That's a great idea, if for debugging only, and it shouldn't be
limited  to just the version that wrote the segment.  I could see a
debug section or file that could even contain more info if the right
flags are set.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message