lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: SegmentReader instantiation
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 14:38:56 GMT
It looks like this was done in order to implement
SegmentTermDocs.read(int[], int[]) natively, when using a gcj
environment, since that gave performance improvements?

I agree we should probably remove it, unless there are users relying
on this.  Maintaining side-by-side sources is difficult with time.

Also, this seems like something source code specialization
(LUCENE-1594) should cover.

Can you send an email to java-user to take a quick survey on whether
anyone is somehow needing this?

Mike