lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Gao Pinker <xiaoping...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I wanna contribute a Chinese analyzer to lucene
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 09:30:57 GMT
I have opened a new issue(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1629)
and now creating the patch,
There are 2500 lines of code to be added cause this Chinese analyzer is
really complex.

Now I'm having 2 problems:

1. My code depends on log4j, but I found no other analyzers depend on it, so
should I keep the dependence or change my code to remove it?

2. This analyzer needs some lexical dictionary(under apache license v2,
about 7MB), should it be put into lucene svn repository or just place a
reference to let the user download from it's official
site<http://code.google.com/p/imdict-chinese-analyzer/>
?