lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Earwin Burrfoot <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene's default settings & back compatibility
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 19:46:42 GMT
> That bug has led to 'base' having a compromised reputation among elite users
> because of intermittent, inexplicable flakiness.  Is that what you want for
> Lucene?
While I agree with that point, Lucene already has lots and lots of
static configuration.
Having actsAsVersion won't add any new woes. Well, it won't remove them either.

I dislike both single static variable approach and Settings object you
have to pass into each end every constructor.
If I absolutely must choose and have no right to just throw all these
back-compat crutches out of the window, I'd choose a single static
variable.

On the offnote, it's amusing to see how the discussion is calming down
and will seemingly end in minor amendmends to the policy, if any at
all :)

ICQ: 104465785