lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Earwin Burrfoot <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re(opening) (Multi)SegmentReaders
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 12:37:12 GMT
While experimenting with indexReader 'components', I've got this thought:

What if we always create MultiSegmentReader when (re)opening an index,
even if index contains a single segment?
Using unwrapped SegmentReader for single-segment case was a valid
optimization for the times when Lucene did collection over a single
reader, but now it goes down to SegmentReaders anyway.

If we do that, (re)open logic will become a lot more transparent. (And
consequently, hooking into it)

ICQ: 104465785