lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene's default settings & back compatibility
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 21:16:42 GMT
Earwin Burrfoot wrote:
>> That said, I see the points and value of relaxing the back compat policy as well.
Its been discussed a lot in the past, and it has been eased in the past.

> Afraid to ask which additional shackles Lucene bore in the past.
:) The easing wasn't that match. Offhand, I remember Grant asking that
we be allowed to change Field classes. There is an exception or two like
that.
Not much for sure. There is generally much more discussion than action
in Lucene. A whirlwind like this will kick up, and as often as things
change (probably more often), nothing happens.

Lucene dev has seen activity recently like its never seen before though.
So change is bound to come one way or another as more and more chefs
start dipping their ideas and hands in.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com