lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Modularization
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 22:33:31 GMT

: We've been doing this using just one source tree (like in Lucene), and
: instead ensuring the separation using the build system. We did not, like you

I think you are missunderstanding my previous comment ... Lucene-Java does
not currenlty have one source tree in the sense that someone else
suggested (i forget who) and i was commenting on ... at the moment Lucene
has several source trees (src/java, src/demo, and each dir matching
contrib/*/src).

Based on your examples, i believe we are suggesting the same thing:
building seperate "modules" from seperate base directories (in your case
foo/A and foo/B) with well defined dependencies.

-Hoss