lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader plugins
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:01:25 GMT
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> The distinction I am making with core is that we will have to call known
> methods on those
> core 'modules' that are not very generic? Doesn't that keep it from playing
> nice with the very generic 'attach this to this segment'?

I think the way it'd work is SegmentReader would no longer expose much
API at all; you'd have to pull the component you want and interact
with that.

EG to execute a search, we'd have to pull the TermsDictComponent (to
get toplevel stats for TermWeight), the NormsComponent and the
PostintsComponent, and TermQuery would then interact with these three
to do its searching.

I think?

Mike