lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Earwin Burrfoot <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject possible TermInfosReader speedup
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:46:32 GMT
Currently, when we're seeking a given Term, it does a binary search
across all term space, including terms belonging to other fields.
I propose augmenting fields file with two pointers (firstTerm,
lastTerm) for each field. That reduces range we need to search, and
instead of comparing Terms we only need to compare values.
How does that sound?

Also, on the other topic - how hard is it to boost
TermEnum.skipTo(term) speed to IndexReader.terms(term) level? Would be
nice for TrieRangeFilter and probably some other filters.

ICQ: 104465785